Thursday, December 15, 2011

¡El Libro Más Fantástico! INTO THE PARALLEL by Robin Brande

Every time Robin Brande comes out with a new book, my heart jumps. I love her writing; it's like wrapping yourself in a soft blanket on a chilly night - warm and comforting. So with great pleasure, I introduce you to INTO THE PARALLEL, book one of her new Parallelogram series. And what a great kickoff it is!

From robinbrande.com: High school senior and amateur physicist Audie Masters has discovered what no other physicist has been able to prove: that parallel universes do exist, and there is a way to journey into them. She also discovers something else: a parallel version of herself, living the kind of life Audie never could have imagined for herself. Now Audie is living that life, too, full of adventure, romance, and reality-bending science. It’s all more than she could have hoped for–until something goes wrong.

As usual, Robin Brande's spot-on teen voice rings true and pulls you back to those wonderful, confusing and arduous times. Her characters leap off the page and into your heart. Audie's whip-smart comments and heart-felt honesty left me in tears more than once. And smart only begins to describe not only the main character, but also the writing. The science used here is grounded in real quantum physics and related in a way even I could understand. I felt my IQ rise from page one: after reading, I understood more of the jokes on the Big Bang theory. The romance is clever, never condescending, and had me falling in love right along with Audie. The only negative - having to wait for the next book to satisfy this cliffhanger of an ending. And I mean that in the best way possible. I simply cannot sing enough praises for this wonderfully imaginative, smart, and exciting YA novel. This will make a perfect gift for that beautiful, smart girl in your life. Even better - for you!

INTO THE PARALLEL is available as an e-book for $4.99 from Smashwords (supports Kindle, ePub, and other formats), Kindle, and Nook, and as a paperback for $13.98.

More than ever, happy reading and ¡Buen Provecho!

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I enjoy YA books with authentic teen voices. I'll have to remember this one for my reading list next year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete