Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Phoenix Comicon 2012

I'm so sorry, dear bloggers, for disappearing the last few weeks. But I have a great excuse. Last weekend, Memorial Day weekend, was the 2012 Phoenix Comicon. And this year, I was on staff. I even have the badge to prove it:


Safe to say, there was a ton of preparation before hand. Setting up signs:


Placing the Tardis:


And the best of all, being assigned to my actor:


You know, that guy from Reading Rainbow? There was that other show, too. What was it again? Oh, yeah, that science fiction show with all these other guys:


Yes, that's me with most of the cast of STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION. And that's Levar's thank you for being his handler all weekend. 

Best. Weekend. Ever. 

Again :)

Now that Comicon is over, summer has officially begun here in Phoenix. The kids are out school and we've already hit 107 degrees a few times. Which means it's time for my blogging sabbatical. I  don't have what it takes to be a good blogger and a good mommy when the kids are home full-time, so mommy-ing wins. 

I'll pop in from time to time and see what everyone is up to. Keep on writing, revising, and working out. Rest assured, I'll be right there with you. See you in August!

Until next time...

Happy Summer and ¡Buen Provecho! 


11 comments:

  1. FUN! Thanks for sharing the pics. Comicon would be an awesome event to attend. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying really hard not to do the OMG LEVAR BURTON!!!! thing... which I guess I just did.

    Right. Well, to end the summer, I'll be trying to go and see him at Dragon*Con. I'm glad you had fun. And seriously, you are so lucky to have gotten to spend time with one of my favorite actors of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! WOW! What a great memory to have! Love Wil Wheaton! WHEATON!!!!

    Sounds like you had a good time.

    Best of luck this summer.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pics!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! How great is all that?

    Enjoy your blogging break and summer. Knowing when to step back, even when we love things, is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... sooooo jealous!! The picture of you with the cast of star trek.. wow!! Lucky Lucky Lady!! :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was the builder of that tardis, like so many others that got to I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was enjoyed by all! You did a great job. Thanks, Chef Duncan :)

      Delete
  8. Well....

    It's sooo easy to see that smile probably didn't come off your face for a few days :)

    Cute pics and I love the one with the Tardis... me and the good Doctor go back a couple of decades and I still freak out when I hear the Daleks screaming... seriously :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to say that I have an given you the Liebster Award on my blog. Woo hoo!

    Feel free to stop by sometime to pick it up. :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete